Slumit® Returns & Warranty Policy
Slumit® range of tents and accessories are designed and produced solely for the domestic, recreational market and should be used only in fitting conditions, and the conditions outlined in our user guides. The Slumit® range of products have not been designed for expedition or specialist uses.
We would recommend reading the information in full which is supplied for each product, to ensure the item (or size, including pack size) is suitable for your requirements. We provide as much information where possible in our product descriptions, feature lists, specification and in our images. Measurements and weights are approximates, and images should be used as a guide only; colour and design details may vary slightly to that shown.
Before using the Equipment:
Equipment should be checked upon receipt to ensure all parts are present and in satisfactory condition before your intended trip. This should be carried out on soft, clear, dry ground, free from stones or other sharp or abrasive objects. Test pitching on an unsuitable surface (ie. concrete, tarmac, paving slabs, or other hard abrasive surface) could result in unnecessary damage to the equipment and fabrics. Before opening the contents, ensure the area is free from animal / pet hair. Returns must be in fully resalable condition.
We would recommend allowing a minimum of 4 working days prior to your planned excursion to check over equipment. Unlikley, but anything that appears untoward, refrain from using the equipment, and contact us in writing. Please take photos of the area of concern as images may be requested, and provide a description of the problem. This will enable us to assist promptly and efficiently.
Returns (14 days):
Returns are accepted within 14 days from receipt of order. Please contact us by email to request a Returns Reference Number (RRN) and returns address. Goods can not be refunded with out an RRN. Goods must be unused in fully resalable condition including packaging. We can not accept an item that has been used, except for test pitching on a dry, soft, clear surface. Please ensure the equipment is opened in an area free from animal hair. Please see ‘Before using the Equipment‘ above.
If the item has been used, the warranty terms are activated as set out below.
In most part, the tents are fully serviceable, and sections of the tent can be removed and replaced (ie, inner tent, outer tent, frame, case etc). We stock spare parts for most areas of the tent, which can be ordered by contacting us via our Contact Form. We would need to know your full name, order number and delivery address to locate your order, and to help identify the product model and batch. Once a part can be identified, we can confirm: availability, price and approximate lead times. Generally as a guide, available parts are usually processed, sent and delivered within 3-5 working days (to GB Mainland postal codes).
Warranty Registration, Cover and Terms
- Tent models ordered before January 31st 2019 come with 1 year standard warranty and 2 year extended limited warranty on the FlashFrame.
- Tent models ordered after February 1st 2019 come with 1 year standard warranty and 3 year extended limited warranty on the FlashFrame – Registration required within 14 days (below).
Warranty registration is required (register here) to validate extended warranty cover. If you suspect that your product is faulty due to a manufacturing defect, you should first contact us outlining the problem in full, including photographs of the proposed fault where possible. This should be carried out before the tent is used. Test pitching and checking the tent will highlight anything untoward with the equipment. Using the tent prior to checking the equipment, or using the item knowingly with a suspected defect, will activate the warranty terms outlined below.
All Slumit® tents are designed and manufactured to exacting standards and are rigourously factory and field stress tested. All material parts are guaranteed against manufacturing defects for one year from date of purchase, excluding the FlashFrame™ mechanism, which for orders placed on or after 1st February 2019 we offer the option to extend the FlashFrame™ cover to a three year extended limited warranty against manufacturing defects at no extra cost – registration is required. For non-registered warranties, a one year FlashFrame™ warranty applies against manufacturing defects. Registered and non-registered warranties are subject to the conditions setout below. We guarantee that should the mechanism fail during normal usage as a result of a component, material or manufacturing fault, excluding fair wear and tear* we will repair or replace the component at our discretion. These conditions also apply to other Slumit® products covered by our standard one year manufacturers warranty.
Please Note the warranty terms and conditions below.
We will endeavor to assess the fault and remedy as above, as quickly as possible.
This guarantee is only valid when used for recreational purposes and excludes the following:
- *Fair wear and tear including all poles, material stitching and fabric colour fading (due to UV degradation)
- Accidental damage, misuse, excessive force or used in inappropriate conditions (which exceed the tents capabilities) to include tempest and storm damage**
- Damage to fabric, if caused by excessive wear or misuse.
- Leaking through fabric if it is suffering from UV degradation (Often leaking fabric is in fact condensation on the inside of the fabric). It is advised that waterproof retreatment is carried out annually as part of routine equipment maintenance.
- Leaking through seams if there has been excessive abrasion of the seams or the seam sealant tape. It is advised routine equipment maintenance is carried out to ensure seams are fully sealed before a planned trip. Information on sealing seams is supplied in our user guides.
- Broken zips and zipper pullers if caused by forcing, jamming or improper use
- Seams parting if caused by over tensioning / stretching
- Broken buckles if they have been subjected to undue force or abrasion
- Broken carry / roller bag if they are over loaded, used for carrying other items or used as a toy. We provide a Folding and Packing Guide which provides step by step guidance on safely folding and packing to reduce tent size, and to mitigate unnecessary stuffing damage to the carry case.
- All Pole breakages – these are treated as fair wear & tear. Our User Guide includes information on safely operating the FlashFrame during pitching and packing, including: manually extending a leg, and how to prepare and support the tent for breezier conditions to mitigate unnecessary damage to poles.
- Collateral damage from a pole breakage
- Commercial use inc. rental companies, use by youth groups (Scouts, Guides, BB, DOE), Territorial Army or Her Majesty’s Armed Forces.
**We would recommend that you purchase comprehensive Tent / Camping Equipment Insurance. Some insurance companies will include storm or wind damage, fire, theft, vandalism, misuse, flooding, and accidental damage within their cover which are not covered under our warranty. Cover is inexpensive and starts from ~£12 a year. We provide further information on the Warranty Registration page here
Repairs to damage caused by the above, will be carried out where possible at a reasonable charge. Please ensure that all products are clean, unsoiled and dry prior to being returned. Tent fabrics should be cleaned with a sponge and warm water only – do not use chemicals. For hygiene reasons, an item returned soiled, wet and/or dirty, may be rejected and returned back at the cost of the sender.
Please do not return the product to us, without following the above procedure, as this may result in unnecessary delays and the product being returned, without inspection.
No consequential loss or damage may be claimed under this guarantee.
This guarantee in no way affects your statutory rights (please refer to our full Terms & Conditions for further information)