Specs + Sizing
Pitch + Pack System
Number of Seasons
Max Berth Sleeper
Recommended People w/Gear
Bug-Free Sleeping Area
Approx Packed Size
Approx Packed Weight
Sleeping Area Height
Sleeping Area Width
Sleeping Area Depth
Waterproof Rating (HH)
# of Porches / Vestibules
# of Sleeping Areas
# of Doors
# of Privacy Windows
Generation Year of Manufacture
*Dimensions and weights are approximates. Externals are overall dimensions.
• Additional Poles are non FlashFrame poles. IE. Poles to create the vestibule / porch area. The FlashFrame does the rest. Additional Poles are supplied.
• Berth refers to maximum number of people to sleep within the tent. The maximum capacity may be cosy subject to the size and frame of the camper(s) and gear stowed.
• CPAI-84 Fire Retardant fabric does not mean the tent is fireproof. Fabric will still burn. Take caution when camping, not to use heat or flammable sources in or around your tent.
• Air Vents help increase air flow into the tent and sleeping area. Keeping the air vents open will help reduce condensation. Closing the vents will help trap some of the warmer moist air but will increase condensation.
- 2 Berth Tent (max 2 persons, perfect for 1 person + gear)
- Dual Skin Rainfly and Breathable Inner with FlashFrame™ Pitch System
- An All-In-One Quick Pitch and Pack Solution – up and down in seconds!
- Bug-Free Ventilated Sleeping Area
- 3000mm HH Waterproof Outer Rain-fly
- Flame Retardant* fabric to CPAI-84 standard
- Breathable Inner Layer with “No-See-Um” Mesh
- Bath Tub Style 3000mm HH Waterproof Groundsheet
- Thermobonded Taped Seams
- Separate Compact Porch Area for Gear
- Two Adjustable “No-See-Um” Meshed Side Vents for Excellent Bug-Free Sleeping Ventilation
- Strong 8.5mm Jointed Fiberglass Pole with FlashFrame™ Technology
- Ground Pegs
- Lantern Hook (Max. Load 5kg)
- 5 Pre-Attached High Visibility Guy Ropes
- Internal Side Pockets for Lightweight Accessories (Max. Load 1kg)
- Internal Loft Storage Net (Max. Load 2kg)
- Colour: Russet Brown with Ice White detailing.
Construction + Materials
New Season. New Standards. The new 2018 Slumit CUB 2 (2 Berth) comes packed with design and performance tweaks.
The CUB 2 is a high spec two layer tent with a waterproof and flame retardant (to CPAI-84) outer rainfly and breathable inner sleeping area. The rain-fly is waterproofed to a high 3000mm Hydrostatic Head (over 2.5x the British Standard for fabric to be deemed water repellant). The outer rain-fly is now flame retardant to CPAI-84 standard* (new for 2018).
This 3 season camping tent can be pitched (and packed) faster than an equivalent pole and sleeve tent thanks to the innovative all-in-one FlashFrame™ Pitch and Pack System.
The FlashFrame™ is an exoskeleton frame system which enables the user to quickly pitch the inner and outer layers together, at the same time, in seconds. So no more pitching the inner tent first and then the outer, which can be time consuming and especially problematic during wet conditions. The FlashFrame™ solves this problem!
The CUB 2 offers a self contained bug-free sleeping area (approx 200x135cm) suitable for 1-2 persons, with a separate compact porch area suitable for campers needing sheltered storage for muddy boots and additional gear. The internal Loft Storage Net and Side Storage Pockets (max load 2kg) are ideal for storing mobile phones, keys or other light weight accessories for easy access.
The Slumit CUB 2 FlashFrame™ tent is a perfect camping solution for long weekend breaks and festivals.
Recommended accessories (subject to availability):
FOOTPRINT GROUNDSHEET PROTECTOR- Increase the life of your tent and protect the underside of your integrated groundsheet from abrasion and general wear and tear by using a compatible FootPrint GroundProtector. Using a FootPrint Ground Protector helps increase ground insulation too. The FootPrint GroundProtector is tailored 10cm smaller than the integrated groundsheet to stop rain water channeling between the two layers.
CANOPY POLE SET – Transform your outer front door into a canopy awning using the CANOPY POLE SET. Should be used on a still and ideally a dry day. Comes complete with foldable powder coated steel poles, guy ropes and pegs.
EXTRA GUY KIT – Reinforce your CUB tent using the Extra Guy Kit. Complete with 4 velcro banded guy ropes and heavy duty ground stakes. Fasten the velcro banded webbing to your FlashFrame system to offer increased stability and protection during windier conditions. Highly recommended if you are travelling away, or as a precaution should you experience unexpected inclement and breezier weather conditions. Ensure your tent is fully guyed out even on a still day.
SAFETY NOTICE: Camping in windy conditions is not recommended and should be avoided for safety reasons. Check the recommended usage guidelines in the instructions. Always check wind and gust strength forecasts prior to your excursion. Winds may appear calm but gust strength may be very high. Wind and gusts can be extremely destructive and can damage temporary shelters such as tents and awnings not covered under warranty.
*FIRE SAFETY NOTICE: A flame retardant fabric does not certify that the fabric or tent is fire proof. Fabric will still burn if exposed to a naked flame. Flame retardant fabrics will only reduce the rate in which fabric will ignite and burn. Great care should always be taken when camping. Keep heat sources away from the tent. In the event of a fire, evacuate the tent immediately. Specialist coatings (waterproofing and flame retardancy) will diminish over time and with usage.