Specs + Sizing
Pitch + Pack System
Number of Seasons
3 (Spring / Summer / Autumn)
Max Berth Sleeper
Recommended People w/Gear
Bug-Free Sleeping Area
Approx Packed Size
Approx Packed Weight
Sleeping Area Height
Sleeping Area Width
Sleeping Area Depth
Waterproof Rating (HH)
# of Porches / Vestibules
# of Sleeping Areas
# of Doors
# of Privacy Windows
Generation Year of Manufacture
*Dimensions and weights are approximates. Externals are overall dimensions.
• Additional Poles are non FlashFrame poles. IE. Poles to create the vestibule / porch area. The FlashFrame does the rest. Additional Poles are supplied.
• Berth refers to maximum number of people to sleep within the tent. The maximum capacity may be cosy subject to the size and frame of the camper(s) and gear stowed.
• CPAI-84 Fire Retardant fabric does not mean the tent is fireproof. Fabric will still burn. Take caution when camping, not to use heat or flammable sources in or around your tent.
• Air Vents help increase air flow into the tent and sleeping area. Keeping the air vents open will help reduce condensation. Closing the vents will help trap some of the warmer moist air but will increase condensation.
• UV+ fabric protection should not be a substitute for applying suitable skin protection. The fabric coating will degrade over time and exposure to the elements.
- 2 Berth Tent (max 2 persons, perfect for 1 person + gear)
- Dual Skin Rainfly and Breathable Inner with FlashFrame™ Pitch System
- An All-In-One Quick Pitch and Pack Solution – up and down in seconds!
- Pano-View Outer Door PVC Window (New 2019 spec)
- “No-See-Um” Bug-Free Ventilated Sleeping Area
- 4000mm HH Waterproof Outer Rain-fly (New 2019 spec)
- Flame Retardant* fabric to CPAI-84 standard
- UV+50 Coated (New 2019 spec)
- “Open Fully” Inner Door with Corner Stuff Pocket (New 2019 spec)
- Breathable Inner Layer with “No-See-Um” Mesh
- Bath Tub Style 4000mm HH Waterproof Groundsheet
- Thermobonded Taped Seams
- Separate Compact Porch Area for Gear
- Zippable rear wall electric cable access point to internal tent (New 2019 spec)
- Two Adjustable “No-See-Um” Meshed Side Vents for Excellent Bug-Free Sleeping Ventilation
- Strong 8.5mm Jointed Fiberglass Pole with FlashFrame™ Technology
- Ground Pegs
- Lantern Hook (Max. Load 5kg)
- 5 Pre-Attached High Visibility Guy Ropes
- Internal Side Pockets for Lightweight Accessories (Max. Load 1kg)
- Internal Loft Storage Net (Max. Load 2kg)
- Steel Ground Pegs (for soft ground)
- FlashPack™ Roll-Top Quick Stuff Carry Case (New 2019)
- Colour: Russet Brown with White detailing.
Construction + Materials
Back and boosted! The All-New 2019 Slumit CUB 2 (2 Berth) comes packed with design and performance upgrades. Scroll down for the full list of new features..
**Please Note. Images supplied are concept images. Actual images are expected in due course. The concept images are a close representation of the new design, but some design features may differ to that shown.**
IMPORTANT INSTALL NOTE. To ensure a successful pitch, we recommend a minimum operator height requirement of 5’1″ (155cm) with good upper body strength. Otherwise users may find operating the CUB FlashFrame™ challenging. Please contact us for advice, or consider the INCA 1 FlashFrame™ Alu tent as an alternative.
The CUB 2 is a high spec two layer tent with a waterproof and flame retardant (to CPAI-84) outer rainfly and breathable inner sleeping area. The rain-fly is waterproofed to a high 4000mm Hydrostatic Head (new for 2019) – over 2.5x the British Standard for fabric to be deemed water repellant. The outer rain-fly is flame retardant to CPAI-84 standard*, and now UV+50 coated (new for 2019) to help protect from harmful UV rays. This 3 season camping tent can be pitched (and packed) faster than an equivalent pole and sleeve tent thanks to the innovative all-in-one FlashFrame™ Pitch and Pack System. Up in a flash!
Sit and admire the view! New for 2019, the outer door Pano-View PVC window offers a peek of the peak. Enjoy the surroundings, or check the queues to the loos without opening the outer door. Closing the inner door will offer privacy from the outside.
This 3 season camping tent can be pitched (and packed) faster than an equivalent pole and sleeve tent thanks to the innovative all-in-one FlashFrame™ Pitch and Pack System.
The FlashFrame™ is an exoskeleton frame system which enables the user to quickly pitch the inner and outer layers together, at the same time, in seconds. No springs, no leaky gasses, just ingenious design! So no more pitching the inner tent first and then the outer, which can be time consuming and especially problematic during wet conditions. The FlashFrame™ solves this problem!
The CUB 2 offers a self contained bug-free sleeping area (approx 200 x 135-165cm) suitable for 1-2 persons, with a separate compact porch area suitable for campers needing sheltered storage for muddy boots and additional gear. The internal Loft Storage Net and Side Storage Pockets (max load 2kg) are ideal for storing mobile phones, keys or other light weight accessories for easy access.
The Slumit CUB 2 FlashFrame™ tent is a perfect camping solution for long weekend breaks and festivals.
NEW and noted 2019 additions:
- UV+50 coating
- 4000mm Hydrostatic Head (HH)
- Pano-View PVC Outer Door Window
- Re-engineered inner door and mesh panel with stuff pocket
- Re-designed sleeping area – tapered footprint to offer 12″ (30cm) deeper internal floor space – see graphic
- Zippable rear wall electric cable access point to internal tent
- “No-See-Um” mesh upgrade. Stonger and finer mesh holes than standard mesh, means even the tiniest of blood thirsty midgies (AKA “no-see-ums”) will struggle to get in. Ideal for areas with serious midge issues!
- Re-designed two point guy system to offer additional support and stability to the tent.
- FlashPack™ Roll-Top Quick Stuff Carry Case
Recommended accessories (subject to availability):
FOOTPRINT GROUNDSHEET PROTECTOR – Increase the life of your tent and protect the underside of your integrated groundsheet from abrasion and general wear and tear by using a compatible FootPrint GroundProtector. Using a FootPrint Ground Protector helps increase ground insulation too. The FootPrint GroundProtector is tailored 10cm smaller than the integrated groundsheet to stop rain water channeling between the two layers.
CANOPY POLE SET – Transform your outer front door into a canopy awning using the CANOPY POLE SET. Should be used on a still and ideally a dry day. Comes complete with foldable powder coated steel poles, guy ropes and pegs.
EXTRA GUY KIT – Reinforce your CUB tent using the Extra Guy Kit. Complete with 4 velcro banded guy ropes and heavy duty ground stakes. Fasten the velcro banded webbing to your FlashFrame system to offer increased stability and protection during windier conditions. Highly recommended if you are travelling away, or as a precaution should you experience unexpected inclement and breezier weather conditions. Ensure your tent is fully guyed out even on a still day.
SAFETY NOTICE: Camping in windy conditions is not recommended and should be avoided for safety reasons. Check the recommended usage guidelines in the instructions. Always check wind and gust strength forecasts prior to your excursion. Winds may appear calm but gust strength may be very high. Wind and gusts can be extremely destructive and can damage temporary shelters such as tents and awnings not covered under warranty.
*FIRE SAFETY NOTICE: A flame retardant fabric does not certify that the fabric or tent is fire proof. Fabric will still burn if exposed to a naked flame. Flame retardant fabrics will only reduce the rate in which fabric will ignite and burn. Great care should always be taken when camping. Keep heat sources away from the tent. In the event of a fire, evacuate the tent immediately. Specialist coatings (waterproofing and flame retardancy) will diminish over time and with usage.